Golden Retriever Rescue of the Rockies is almost entirely operated by volunteers dedicated to our mission and the love of our dogs. We greatly appreciate volunteers. So to help you and GRRR make the best connection for you, we have a list (below) of various volunteer opportunities. We have ongoing needs, like our fabulous Volunteer Interaction Program (VIP) which includes dog walking, playing with the dogs, brushing or just loving on the dogs, and we have seasonal and project needs as well. Legal liability causes us to set a minimum age of 18 years old for volunteers.
It all starts with a volunteer application. On the application please list the opportunities you are interested in (from below) and one of our volunteer leaders will contact you. There are some tasks that will require membership and some specific training.
Teams - Must be at least 18 years old
- Volunteer Interaction Program (VIP) which includes all dog interactions- requires orientation/training & membership to GRRR
- Dog transport team- requires orientation & membership to GRRR
- Application calls- follow up calls on volunteer applications and sending the application to the specific GRRR leader (dog walking, event help…etc).
- Adoption application call screener- occasionally we need volunteers to make adoption application calls to follow up on application and call references
- Event help- we have a variety of fun events throughout the year. Each event may need day-of event help (set up or breakdown), may need help on the event planning team…etc.
- Community awareness and expo help – Throughout the year GRRR may participate in community awareness events (Pet Expo, Cherry Creek Arts Festival…etc) that require volunteers to staff a booth or table (most of the time with dogs) and answer questions about GRRR. Usually, participants divide up shifts.
- Social media content & newsletter writing and/or editing.
Unique needs - click the titile below to get more information
- Insurance advisor
- Grant Writer - must have prior grant writing and/or research experience
- Fundraiser - help raise funds for GRRR dogs. From collecting gala auction items & sponsorships to a Board fundraiser position
- Board of Directors nomination package
Outdoor seasonal help
- Dog run maintenance- requires training & membership to GRRR
- Ground cleanup and maintenance in back acreage (off leash area)- mowing the field or removing growth with foxtails and burrs
- Painting projects (outdoors)- house trim, day kennel or hut
- Clean up and organizing the area around the shed (would need directions)
- Clean up and reorganize the storage shed (would need directions)
- General Phoebe’s Place cleanup and maintenance on the main property
Community Service projects
- At GRRR we fully support youth being involved with serving their community. Unfortunately, due to liability, we cannot offer community service projects at our property here at GRRR. It is this liability that requires GRRR volunteers to be a minimum age of 18.
Golden Retriever Rescue is committed to our volunteers. Our By-Laws state that “all volunteers need not be members of GRRR, except for specific volunteer positions.” Among those positions requiring membership are any dog interface or dog handling work. Examples would be VIP dog walkers, dog transport team...etc. If you do become a member, your membership will entitle you to the monthly Volunteer Newsletter, The Golden Growl (our award winning quarterly newsletter), and entrance into our events at no charge. Membership starts at $50.00. We hope that you will enjoy being a member of the GRRR team. * Required fields